The Society was founded in 1987 to support and celebrate the achievements of the Australian flight test community.
The Society holds an annual symposium that serves as a forum for Australia flight test personnel to discuss recent activities and engage in the promotion of a professional, technically advanced and safe Australian flight test community.
The Society has affiliations with SETP, SFTE and RAeS. Our membership is broad including past and present personnel from Australian military flight test organisations as well members from Australia's leading universities and aerospace companies.
The mission of the Society is:
- To promote the education of Society members, of other persons directly associated with aeronautical activities, and of the general public concerning endeavours particular to the profession of flight testing.
- To promote the advancement of flight safety by providing a forum for expression of professional opinion on flight test activities in particular and flying operations in general.
- To promote technical advancement by providing for professional education through lectures, displays and presentations and by the exchange of information to assist the development of improved flight test techniques.
- To promote sound aeronautical design and development.
- To broaden professional relationships among members and to maintain and increase the prestige, standing and influence of flight test personnel in aeronautical progress.
- To co-operate with any like associations, in particular the Society of Experimental Test Pilots and the Society of Flight Test Engineers, and other bodies as the Committee may decide.
For more information regarding membership see our membership page or Join today.